Tuesday, November 6, 2007

For the Love of Outside



A couple of weeks ago, my new camera arrived in the mail and I couldn't WAIT to take it out and shoot some of my favorite things...FLOWERS and the OCEAN! I love nature, I love beauty and I prefer to observe the flowers in their own environment and take pictures so I can easily recall their beauty and share it with as many people as possible. So on this particular day, I decided to go on a road trip. Just me, my little red car and my beautiful red bike (I think I sense a theme here)...loaded up and headed off to Huntington Beach and later, Newport Beach, CA. The above pictures are me playing with the option of zoom on my new lens. The HB pier from the bike path far and closer...this was right before I got a flat rear tire and had to trek back about 2 miles to have it changed by a local bike shop...because of this, I cut my visit to HB short and loaded up and moved on down the coast to Newport.
After finding parking, unloading the bike, and riding down to what may be my favorite (lesser known) beach...Big Corona in Newport Beach, CA, I took out the camera and continued my playing and getting to know my camera. The above picture is actually to the South of where I normally go, but much better composition than the sand on the other side of the cliff...


The beauty of flight...

ok so they are not the most beautiful birds, but because they are not near the tourists as much, the actually are not nearly obtrusive or annoying...

Catching a little spray with Big Corona Beach in the background.

More spray...I love it...I cannot wait to go back when the seas are high...

I decided I had enough shots of the sea for the day and climbed back up to my bike at the top of the cliff. If you have never been to this part of Newport, there are some amazing houses but one specifically caught my eye. I happened upon an entire front yard full of beautiful FLOWERS!!!!...I will cover that amazing part of my adventure in the next blog...

0 comments: